Thursday, October 22, 2009

National League Champs!

So we've been kind of into baseball recently, spurred in part by my trip home a couple of weeks ago. Alan's new bedtime song is "High Hopes" and we turn on the game whenever we can between our busy schedules. Lets just say we were THRILLED last night when the Phils won the NLCS. I am still amazed that they're going to the series again.

Biggest Phillies fan in the world? Geoffrey. Where has Geoffrey been the last two years when the Phillies went to the World Series? Albania. But Mom is recording every playoff game. I don't know if we should call the mission-World Series link a curse or blessing. In 1980 when the Phillies won their only other national title, my dad was on a mission. What are the chances of that?

We'll be hard pressed to win this year though. I'm sure Nate's calling for the typical W-L-W-W-W pattern that has been constant through the playoffs these past two years. I'm simply hoping to come out on top. Still fun though.


Here's a pic of the oldest 4 kids in the good old days.

Oops. There goes another rubber tree plant.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha My brother Bill has been gone for these two Phillies World Series appearances too! We'll have to keep Geoff and Bill out of the country during the World Series from now on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pic, jibes! i would say i'm happy for you, but my heart belongs to the dodgers...
    however, i have to admit that i couldn't help but cheer for the phillies this week -- BEAT the yankees!

    ReplyDelete