Friday, July 23, 2010

Breaking Balloon Records



So this is what we did today on Scott's day off. BYU was trying to break the world record for the biggest water balloon fight ever. The University of Kentucky had previously held the record with 3,902 people and 119,211 balloons. We decided that since we would get free t-shirts and lunch, it would be a win-win situation and we'd give it a go. When we got there, we were pretty impressed at how well organized the whole thing was. They wouldn't let Alan on the field (for obvious reasons) so Scott and I took turns throwing balloons and staying with Alan. It worked out quite nicely since I was outside at the end and was one of the first in line to get food after the fight.

We read tonight that we only ended up beating the record by 25 people and 1,021 balloons. Insane! I have a feeling there were actually more people there, but probably everyone didn't stand in the line to sign a waiver. But luckily enough people did. It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend the holiday. Happy Pioneer Day!

1 comment:

  1. I saw that on the news! I wish I would have known that you were there and I would have tried to spot you - but of course there were SO many people and SO many balloons, I'm sure even if you were right in front of the camera I wouldn't have been able to tell! Glad you all had fun and got free lunch ;-)

    ReplyDelete