Friday, February 25, 2011

Birthday, family, and more

Well, I feel like it's been a while, but wanted to catch up on a few recent happenings. My family was able to come up for president's day weekend, and it was so fun to be able to spend some time with them. Alan loved having everyone here. He always had someone to take downstairs with him to play basketball, which is seriously an obsession. For the next couple of days after everyone left he kept going and looking for them after waking up.

We mostly spent time here, as it was freezing outside, but we did go in to Cambridge to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, which was pretty cool, and my parents got to drive around the city and see some sites. My grandma was also able to come up and she and my parents and Scott and I were able to go the Boston Temple, which was wonderful.

Since my birthday was the day after they left, we got to celebrate my birthday for several days in a row. My grandma took us out to dinner on Saturday, and my mom made a great dinner on Sunday and we had cake #1. As you can tell in the video below, Alan's reaction to birthday cakes hasn't changed that much since his first birthday. :)


Then on my actual birthday, Scott made dinner and another cake (much to Alan's dismay). He also got us tickets to see Mary Poppins in a couple of weeks! So fun!


Overall, a great birthday weekend! Thanks everyone. Here are a couple of other cute pictures that I thought I'd tack on the end.

Snuggling with Daddy

Always a big helper when it comes to making (and tasting) brownies :)

Great Grandma's bag was just the right size for Alan, and he loved it.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and CONGRATULATIONS on having another boy. I hope he and Alan grow to be good friends as well as brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are counting the days until we can see you!! Those pictures are great and made us even more excited. Fortunately, it won't be anyone's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday Janelle and congratulations on getting another little boy. It's like Scott's family repeated.

    ReplyDelete