Friday, August 26, 2011

Brothers

One of the most common questions I get is: "So how is Alan doing with his little brother?"

Well, for the most part I'd say he's doing very well. We've had lots of help and lots of people to play with him and I think that has made the adjustment easier. As James is still pretty little and sleeps a lot, I still have time to play with Alan. And he gets frustrated that he doesn't get all the attention and wants me to "Put James down. Play Alan!" But he is also a big helper too. Funniest thing of all is how he copies him. He copies everyone right now, but he loves to be doing whatever James is doing. I took some pics the other day to document their playings together.

James joining Alan in his crib after nap time.

I took this picture of James laying on the blanket and then took James into the kitchen, only to come back and find...

this.  Nothing like a soft rattle to entertain a 2 year old. :)

Alan  wanted to join James for some tummy time.  I made some comment about how James was eating his arm and he must think it tasted good...

And pretty soon, here is Alan eating his arm too.  It is just hilarious.

Best of all was later that night in the bathtub.  James was awake and happy during Alan's bath time, so I put them in together.  I put James' infant tub in the regular tub with Alan, and he was apparently fascinated by it.  I bathed James first, then got him out and dressed.  When I went back in the bathroom, Alan was just laying in the infant tub "relaxin" as he says.  As huge as he is with his arms and legs hanging out, I about died.  Luckily he's listened to me so far, and not climbed in the infant swing.

Anyway, here's one last shot of our little guy that gets bigger every day...


2 comments:

  1. The pictures and the descriptions totally crack me up! James looks like he is about ready to get up and start crawling. In just a few years, if it is like their daddy and uncle, James will try to copy everything that Alan does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me laugh alot! I'm excited for the day when Mitchell gets a consistent playmate. He's been my little shadow for a long time!

    ReplyDelete