Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Life these days

Here are some pictures to document some of the everyday happenings in our life the last couple of weeks.
Nothing like a few cookies to welcome home Dad!
This game never gets old. :)
This was before our most recent snow dump.  Back when you could walk in our yard.
After the snow melts: mud time.
Alan learned about goals in joy school and worked quite hard on his goal for several weeks.
Cousins in their matching shirts. :)
We've been cutting out Alan's nap during the day.  Instead he gets to do a chore with me while James naps.
It's actually been working well. (We are not good at doing chores in the morning!)
He is doing a great job in the afternoon when he has one on one attention and we're not trying to get out the door.
This was a joy school activity that went over pretty well, so we did it again during chore time.
Apparently washing the fridge was more fun than washing the floor.
James has become quite the talker! It is amazing to me how quickly he is learning.  It must really help to have a big brother around.  He loves to yell "ready, set, go!" and run with this little push toy.  In fact, he and Alan spend significant time running around this couch in the basement each day.
Groundhog's Day puppet!
Alan has been asking me why he doesn't have a scarf.  One day he went outside before me and when I came out, I found that instead of a coat, he decided to wear one of my scarves.  It was pretty funny.
And on those days when we really need naps, this is what happens. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these blogs; you can't believe how excited Rob and I get when there is a new one! This one was great, as usual. We especially love the mud one and the nap one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you and Alan are finding a good balance between chore time and nap time ;) He is quite the little helper! WHERE did you get that truck thing?! I didn't know they still sold those...and the one from home I think is missing a great deal of parts. What a fun toy!! These pictures are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I somehow missed this post. Such fun photos and funny things. I can totally relate to the nap one, too. Also loved the chore ones and the scarf one. We were amazed at how much James can say these days.

    ReplyDelete