Saturday, April 6, 2013

Swimming Lessons

We took the plunge.  Literally.  We started swimming lessons.  And I'm sure we will now be busy running kids here and there to practices and lessons for the rest of our lives.  But we wanted Alan to get a little more comfortable with the water before summer, and luckily, they offer swimming lessons right across the street from our neighborhood.  We can walk.  And it's great.

So on Saturday, Alan had his first lesson.  And he loved it.  We were running late, and of course my camera was out of batteries, so I was able to snap this one picture before it died. :)

When we got to the pool, there were a ton of people and he was just watching from the locker room door with a mob of kids of all levels.  When they told them they could go, he just went right along and never looked back.  His nervous mom walked up to the door way to see if he had any idea where he was going, and he was just sitting along the edge of the pool with his feet in.  And there was an adult in sight, so I figured they'd get him to the right place. :)  He has been afraid of the water in times past so I wasn't surprised when he said he didn't put his head under. But it seems that he held onto the side and kicked and floated around on a noodle, so I guess that is good for week one. :)  We unfortunately didn't make it today as we were still recovering from the world's longest stomach bug. :(  But I'm sure he will be excited to go again next week!



3 comments:

  1. I swear I just left this comment, but it didn't post!

    Emily is just finishing her first swimming lessons. She LOVES them! Although she's still afraid to do much of anything on her back just yet. Hopefully after some more lessons! :-) Glad that Alan enjoyed his first lesson – I'm sure he'll love them after some more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I can hardly believe he is old enough for swimming lessons. He will probably love swimming this summer. Hopefully you guys will be able to come down sometime and swim in our pool. Sure love and miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! He seems so fearless! Good for him...I bet he will have funin NJ this summer if/when you guys come down. Sad I won't be there too!! Hopefully I can come up to visit in August. Love you!

    ReplyDelete