Saturday, August 3, 2013

Higgins Armory Museum

Last Friday I decided to brave the Higgins Armory with the boys.  Our friends have raved about the Knight Museum, as the boys call it, but it's a little pricey and a bit of a drive, so we've never made it before.  However, here in Boston they have "Free Friday" events that run all summer.  Museums, zoos, parks etc. participate and they have a few different places that are free each week.  So last Friday, the Knight museum happened to be free and I promised the boys I'd take them.  

The night before as I'm ramping up for the next day and looking up directions, etc., I see this memo about the free day.  It says to expect to wait at least 45 minutes to get in etc... and everything just sounded so crazy, that I almost backed out.  Not to mention the boys have been a bit wild recently, and the thought of me taking them alone in my very pregnant state, did not sound appealing.  But, they were so excited to go that we braved the trip.  And they loved it and were really quite good!  There were a ton of people there, but it was manageable.  We got there a couple of minutes after it opened and there was no line. (Though when we were leaving the line was soooooo long!)  And we were able to meet our friends afterwords for some lunch.  So despite the craziness, we are really glad that we went.  Here are a few pics I managed to snap in the chaos!













They had a good mix of exhibits (which we quickly went through) and hands on play areas which were swamped but fun.  I love this last picture with the museum in the background and the shield that Alan got to make.  The shield making was also a little crazy with the number of people there, but we got it done, and he was pretty excited about it. :)

All in all a very fun morning at the knight museum!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a lot of fun for little boys! James and alan are both looking so big! I can't wait to see them in August!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and unique place!!! Their smiles say it all. Love these two!!

    ReplyDelete