Monday, May 18, 2009

Prenatal Class

This weekend involved about 9 hours of baby-prep classes! We thought it appropriate to share our thoughts.

Scott:
It wasn't nearly as scary as I had feared. I learned how I can help a little in this pain-producing proposition. I was surprised to learn that Janelle can wait until she is well into labor before going to the hospital. I suspect this won't be good only for Janelle and the baby, but perhaps for our bank account as well! I think taking a class like this is a helpful experience for parents-to-be (but I'm just glad it's not me having the baby!).
Janelle:
Hmmm...maybe it would have been more scary to Scott if he were the one with the baby inside of him. Let's see. One of the best things I learned is that I should stay in my pajamas for two weeks after I have the baby. Honestly, nothing sounds nicer than that right now. The second important bit of info is that they have the good ice at the hospital! I love that ice. I was soooooo excited. You know, the good ice that they have at Costa Vida, Sonic, the Smith Fieldhouse when you get injured...(not that I've eaten that ice, but it's the same stuff.) I probably could have done without the video that showed us three different times how to bathe the baby, but oh well. We did learn some good info, and mainly how much we still have to do before this baby comes. Guess we better get on that.

So. There you go. Perhaps more information than you wanted, but too bad. I'm sure we'll have lots more of such information to come. :)

4 comments:

  1. you could have gone into more detail:) They also have a video you have to watch before they let you leave the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...that's my favorite kind of ice! my family used to call it "pizza chalet" ice because that's the only place where we knew it existed. imagine my excitement when i got introduced to costa vida and sonic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it was a 9 hr class! I think that might be too much for me. If you have any advice feel free to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete