Saturday, May 30, 2009

School's out for summer!

Yes. Yesterday was my last day of teaching and today I handed in all of my tutoring materials, so I am officially done! At least for now. I really don't think that it's sunk in yet. It's amazing how quickly this year has gone. Anyway. That is my exciting news. We made little autograph books for the kids, since most of them don't get yearbooks. In fact, most of them weren't even familiar with the concept of signing yearbooks. I made one for myself as well, and had some of the kids sign it. I'll share a few of them anonymously so as not to violate any laws....

  • Hey thanks for to learn me English an understand me. you are a good person, you was pacient and nice with me. Thank you for all!!!

  • Hi. has a good summer.

  • You are a good person and sorry for the bad things do i did, had a good sommer.

  • I hope and you have a good life with your baby and your family and thank for help me to learn more English 'cause you know what I need know English and you helped me too much thanks and see you later

  • Tanke you for help me went I din'd knot anything good teacher bye.

  • Hmmmm. Makes me wonder if I was really a good teacher after all.... but at least they attempted to write something in English, as opposed to this one...

  • Gracias habernos ayudado mucho y que tenga un buen verano gracias por todo.

That was my favorite. :)

But they are really good kids, and I'll miss them.

2 comments:

  1. When I left teaching children with learning disabilities to have Scott, one little girl with dyslexia wrote me a note saying that she hoped I would have a nice 'doy or gril.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats pretty funny..brings back funny memories of our student teaching adventures!

    ReplyDelete