Saturday, June 6, 2009

My New Addiction

So my first week off school has been wonderful. I've gotten some rest, did some much needed cleaning around the house, and found my new addiction: parfaits. I really can't stop eating them. For some reason the combination of the fruit and yogurt and granola really hits the spot. And maybe they're not the most healthy thing in the world, but they're certainly somewhat healthy and I don't even feel bad about eating them constantly.

Strawberries were on sale this week for $.88, and I had some time to make granola, which is much cheaper than store bought (unless anyone knows of any great deals on it, and if so, fill me in). Most of the recipes make you cook the granola for hours in the oven, but we found this great stove top recipe- which is super easy and huge if you don't have air conditioning and don't want to heat up the entire house on a hot day.

So there you go. If you're in the mood for a sweet, light, reasonably healthy treat, go make yourself a parfait. Also, if you do make the granola, I usually double the oats. Happy summer cooking!

4 comments:

  1. Not ususally a big yogurt fan, but I will vouch for the granola. It helps make this a pretty tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm They look like the parfaits we had in Relief Society on Mothers' Day. BTW-those were home made and not from Mickey D's. They make me want one right about NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds yummy! i bet baby scotty is LOVING them too :)

    ps - for the record: i only have a fear of commitment with things that i don't want to do. i.e. marriage = good, career = not so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome. I want to come over and eat some, but you suggested we all go make our own. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete