Tuesday, December 1, 2009

To Grandmother's House We Go...

Here's a few pics from our trip up to my grandparent's house for Thanksgiving.

The day before we left, I noticed Alan was starting to get teeth! I was a little nervous for the trip, but Alan did really well. A little cranky and one pretty rough night, but overall, really good. He put his bink in like this when he was teething. Or sometimes he'd just put in in backwards and chomp on the other side. Funny huh?



On the way up we stopped in at Temple Square to see Beth! They already had a few Christmas decorations up.

Here's Alan on Thanksgiving day. He slept through the main meal, but had his a little later. We even mixed sweet potatoes in with his rice cereal for a little Thanksgiving treat. And he liked it!

My cousin Zach was super excited to see Alan and was so nice to share all his toys.


Here's Alan with his Great Grandma Tucker.

After Thanksgiving dinner, the whole family decided to go to see "A Christmas Carol" in 3D. We decided to bring Alan along for his first movie theater experience! I figured that if I missed parts of the movie, it's not like I wouldn't be able to figure out what was going on. :) But he was really good- even in the scary parts. I only stepped out at the very end. We thought they did a great job with the animation on this film. Same story, but really well done. I'd recommend it.

My parents got us Mickey jammies from their most recent trip to Disney World, so we decided to do a little photo shoot.

Overall, we had a really fun time in Idaho. I was great to be able to spend time together with family. We ate way too much and played endless cards, so it was a successful trip in my book! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa & the whole Idaho crew for having us!

3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so much fun! Alan has the most expressive little face. I cant' wait to get my arms around him. Janelle-your haircut is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. turning his bink into a teeth-er? what a smarty-pants!
    what a fun thanksgiving - YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to see Beth, too. Cute photo with her....she has like 6 months left, right? I love, love, love the pj photo. Way to go, Alan, at figuring out how to get those teeth through. Sure love you guys and miss you...:(

    ReplyDelete