Friday, June 26, 2015

Whyatt

So I signed James up for a little "Get Moving" class at the Billerica Rec Center. It was a small little thing, once a week for an hour and a half or something. I wanted to see how he'd do in this sort of environment. He knows all of his joy school friends from church, and I thought it might be good to expose him to some different structured situations to see how he'd do. Because James is his own person, and you never quite know how things are going to turn out.

(backstory) A few days before we had checked out a Super Why dvd from the library. And he had wanted to dress up like Whyatt. And I didn't really think anything of it. This is actually pretty normal in our house...watch a show, and pretend to be that person for the next week or two.

Jump ahead to the day of the class. I walk in, tell them that this is James, and leave him there making his bunny ears. I come back later to pick him up and am watching through the window to see how he's doing. And I take the picture below, (which isn't great, because it's through the window.)  And I see them playing red rover. And I watch several other kids go. And then I hear, "Red rover, red rover, Whyatt come over!" And I see James run across the room at full speed with a big smile on his face. And I'm like, Oh my gosh! He has successfully convinced both the class and his teachers that his actual name is Whyatt. And I didn't quite know what to do or how to approach his teachers to explain the situation. It was hilarious. I was just like, yes, this is my child, and I can't believe he did this.  


So I watch the rest of the class, as they call each child up to get stickers, Whyatt included, and give all of the kids their bunny ears, his with a big Whyatt printed across the front it. And then I go in to pick him up, and try to explain the situation. It was pretty funny. One of the teachers then added a Super to his bunny ears once she heard the story. I guess when they had asked him if his name was James, and he told them it was his middle name, but his real name was Whyatt. Yes, this is our James. No one quite like him. :) He was a different person every week he went to the class. And he had a great time.




4 comments:

  1. Ha, Ha!!! Too funny! He is a very cute Wyatt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I vaguely remember hearing about this but I totally forgot. I'm sitting in the library laughing out loud...people probably think I'm crazy. Love that Whyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story!! I especially like the fact that he is wearing his Naughty/Nice shirt with his Super Whyatt ears. Love our James!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This story is too much! I haven't checked out your blog in forever, but I'm glad I did today! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete