Sunday, March 8, 2009

Back to Back to Back

After a close encounter with Air Force tonight, we have claimed a share of our third straight Mountain West Conference men's basketball regular season title! When I say we, I mean Janelle, and I, and Jimmer, and Lee, and the Cougars.

This is a picture from the New Mexico game on February 17th. Jackson's shot ended up going in, so I think this is an especially pertinent photo for today.


Next we head to Las Vegas for the Conference tournament. As far as I understand, we'll be the 1-seed, so we may have a chance to play Air Force again. There are a number of teams that have a good shot at winning the tournament, and a trip to the Big Dance. Beating UNLV at home (or at all, this year) is never easy for us, but I think we can do it. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I think you guys are #1 Cougar fans!! And yes, if the right socks are worn, of course they'll win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things I've learned this week:
    It's a seed, not a seat in a tournament. Who knew? I guess I've just never seen it written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can only do it if we shoot better than 34 stinkin percent and can make more than 3 of our 22 attempts at 3's and if they keep fouling jimmer and lee. oh, and if Jackson can manage another 6 steals. that's the only way. :)

    ReplyDelete