Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bread

What, you may ask, do Janelle, little brother Michael, and the Amish have in common? They are all excellent bread bakers! The week of bread commenced last Sunday, when Michel brought over his 25 lb. bag of flour and we made some big loaves, some small loves, some regular rolls, some pull-apart rolls, and even a couple pretzel-shaped rolls.

Later on in the week I came home to the smell of delicious Amish Friendship Bread. We especially appreciated this bread after all the effort of "mushing" the bag of dough each day (well, some days we had to add ingredients, too (and by we, I mean Janelle)). This specific batch of Amish Friendship Bread was quite different from the bread of last Sunday. It was cake-like with a healthy portion of cinnamon on top. I regret that there are no pictures of the Amish bread, but it is long gone at this point.

But bread-making isn't the only fun we have around here. Janelle also happens to be an expert dish-doer. Looks like she's almost done!

I hope your coming week is as bread-ful as the last has been for us. Happy Baking!

3 comments:

  1. yay, finally a picture of pregnant Janelle! And I wish I could have some bread - Janelle, remember when you made me some for my birthday in high school and it made my locker smell like alcohol? Haha. That was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks wonderful as do the bakers. You are so cute, Janelle. I hope you use the dishwasher (alias Scott) sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...when should i come over for bread? lol. Fun to see you guys have a blog too...hope the pregnancy's going well for you guys, you look great Janelle! :)

    ReplyDelete