Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Screwed-up Corn

A couple of summers ago, Scott had an internship with Walmart in their ISD department. While we were there, I had a temporary job also at the Home Office, working in the Private Brands Quality devision. I did Great Value food. Basically, I would get all of these complaints that were logged at a call center and then sent to me. One of the most hilarious jobs I've ever had. I ran into almost every situation imaginable. Everything from reasonable to ridiculous. There were only 9 fruit smiles in my package instead of 10; the can of spinach actually contained black-eyed peas (or vice versa, I can't remember- this was a big problem though); the tuna is too salty; I'm gonna sue you because the lima beans I microwaved lit on fire and caused smoke damage to my house, etc. I only worked there one summer, but I would say that I'm pretty familiar with quality issues from suppliers.

So today, I made a taco salad for lunch. It was delicious. As I was putting away all of the left over supplies, I dumped the corn into a tupperware container and there was a screw in my corn!!!!!! I was like... Oh my gosh, I can't believe that this actually happened to me! I started cracking up and couldn't stop laughing. I think it's the funniest thing. What are the chances of that?! I think if I hadn't had that job though, I would have totally been freaking out, or mad, or both. I honestly don't remember seeing this one before. But it's been a while, so who knows. But now I guess I'll simply let Western Family know to check out their suppliers because one of them is missing a screw somewhere along the assembly line. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that is hilarious!!!!! Somebody had more than a screw loose-it is actually missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kind of awesome, but disgusting at the same time. lol. one time i got a 12 pack of root beer and one of the cans was completely empty. sealed and everything, just empty. what a disappointment that was...and it was the last can in the pack! talk about an unfulfilled craving:(

    ReplyDelete