Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Updates

Well, I haven't posted in a little while, and whenever that happens, I feel like it just gets harder and harder to post because I have nothing big and exciting to say. So we'll just put up a few pictures and give a few updates about our happenings around here!

Ever since we got back from Idaho, Alan's been sick. He just has a really drippy nose and a cough. It's been miserable for him to nurse, etc, and it just has stuck around for sooo long. So after a week plus, I took him in to the doctor. He had a slight ear infection in one ear, but they wanted to wait a couple of days to see if it would go away on its own because it was so small. When we went in a few days later, the first ear was fine, but he had a significant infection in the other ear! So they prescribed amoxicillin. Well, two days after being on that, he broke out with a rash, so they told us to stop using it. We went in to the doctors again two days later, and he just had a very slight ear infection remaining, but not significant enough to prescribe another antibiotic for. So, we're hoping it gets better from here, but no guarantees. He's still drippy and coughy, but he's not quite as congested as he used to be, and can nurse just fine, so that's good.

Despite all the crazy sickness, Alan has been really really good. He's been sleeping soooo well at night for the last month, which is wonderful. He's taken to early rising though, in lieu of the middle of the night feeding, so that's a little adjustment, but well worth the night time sleeping. We'll see if we can pull a little switcheroo on him here at daylight savings time and get some more sleep in the morning! Probably won't work, but who knows?

Anyway, here's a couple of pics of the little guy!

Alan's not crawling yet, but scooting and rolling all around the floor....and getting himself stuck on occasion.

Alan hugging the toilet paper? Random, I know, but I thought it was cute.

Oh. It was also my birthday! Kind of an awkward picture, but it illustrates the point. :)

Here we are with our neighbors now that it's nice enough to play outside! I took this picture this morning, and it is now snowing. Go figure. Oh well, at least we get to go outside sometimes!

3 comments:

  1. Alan is so adorable; I don't see how one baby can be so cute!!! I'm sorry about the amoxycillan allergy because that is prescribed a lot. I'm sure there are lots of other substitutes though. Who is that guy in the background of your birthday picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about my awkward picture taking skills :) i think its kinda a funny picture to tell you the truth. by the way, how come my nephew is so cute? I wish i was that photogenic :D ...ALSO utah weather is so bipolar. I was outside like Alan just playing in a t-shirt and now we have inches of snow on the ground. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great photos.....I especially love the TP one. haha.....I must say that Alan looks thrilled about your birthday. :)
    Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete