Sunday, October 9, 2011

Conference Weekend

I have to say, this last weekend was super busy and super fun!  The main event of the weekend was General Conference. We feel so blessed to be able to listen to the words of Prophets and Apostles of God.  It was a very inspiring weekend and we came away spiritually strengthened and edified and resolved to be a little better.

While conference took up the majority of our weekend, we did a lot of kind of random, fun, local things as well.  
On Friday we went to Castle Island and had a lot of fun at the fort and playground.

It was right on the ocean and we saw tons of boats and airplanes.  Alan had a blast jumping off these "walls."

And here are mine boys.


Friday night, Scott and I went on a date to the philatelic museum. (aka stamps :)  

As fascinating as stamps are, this we would not have normally been our first choice for a date activity.  But they had a Harry Potter exhibit, so I dragged Scott along. :)

They had lots of official Harry Potter stamps from lots of different countries, as well as stamps of different elements from the books/movies.

Luckily everything was nicely labeled or I don't think I would have known whose wands were made from Yew, Hawthorn, and Elm. :)

And of course Friday finished with the most exciting BYU football game I've seen in a long time.  source:byucougars.com


Saturday morning we went to a pancake breakfast with some friends and then went to MIT to look at their Great Glass Pumpkin Patch.  The pumpkins were amazing.  If I ever have a couple hundred dollars to drop, I might get one. :)
Sunday morning we walked at the North Bridge in Concord.  It was amazingly beautiful.  I didn't bring my camera as we didn't know we would be walking in such a cool place.  So maybe we'll have to go back. :)  All in all a very fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Such fun pictures. I love those pumpkins, too. Hope you have a lot of strong Priesthood holders when James is blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record, "mine boys" is originally a quote from Alan, not a typo :-)

    ReplyDelete