Friday, January 27, 2012

FHE Packets

So I joined this Family Home Evening packet group last fall.  It's the type of deal where everyone takes turns making a lesson and they make a lesson for everyone in the group.  So if there's 15 people in the group, you make 15 copies of your lesson and get a copy of everyone else's lesson.  Yeah, kind of intense, but it's a good idea.  Much more organized than I usually am, but I thought I'd give it a go.

Anyway, it was my turn to hand out my lesson this month.  It's a lesson called "Whatsoever you sow, that shall ye also reap" and is adapted from a lesson that my mom used at home evening a few Christmases ago.  So most of the text is hers, but I put them on matching cards instead of on poster board.  This seemed easier to mass produce, and could be adapted several different ways.


So, I decided that I'd put up a link to the file in case anyone wanted it (pdfOpen Office).  Mostly the lesson deals with agency and the "you get what you give" principle.  You match the seed or choice, with the flower or consequence.  Trust me, it's nothing special, but you can edit the text to fit your family.  The situations are kind of general.  And you'll have to either edit it or make three copies of the game because of the way I set it up...  If you care, you'll see what I mean.


Anyway.  I'm just happy to say mission accomplished!  Project done!  And we're taking a break from it now.  Maybe when the kids are older...

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing this!! You have no idea how excited I am to have another cute FHE lesson up my sleeves. And next time you have that much stuff to cut out--CALL ME! I'd love to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so cute, hun. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that sounds cool, but alot of work! mostly our fhe lessons come from the friend (they have 4 suggestions per month) or the nursery manual.

    ReplyDelete