Monday, February 13, 2012

Recruiting at BYU

Not much over a year ago, it was me walking from booth to booth at the career fair in the Wilk(inson Student Center) trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.  This time around I was doing the recruiting.

A co-worker and I got to go back to Provo to attend the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics career fair that BYU puts on twice a year.  It was so fun to see friends and family who were in the area.  I got to go to the career fair, help host an information session, and interview students.

Janelle wanted me to capture lots of pictures; I should have listened.  I did get a few though:

When I got to the airport, it turned out they didn't have any small cars.
Then it turned out they didn't have any cars at all.
Instead, in typical Provo fashion, I got a mini van!

But not just any mini van. It was a snazzy mini van with
a touchscreen radio that turned into a backup camera when you went in reverse
I chose to stay at the Super 8 right across from Helaman Halls.
I really wanted to eat at the Cannon Center, but didn't get to this time around.
Even better, though, I got to have dinner with Jen and Taylor, and Jimmie, Emily. and Geoffrey
They had nice gifts for the recruiters like pens, water, a mint, an apron,
and I even was in the right place at the right time to get...
a ticket to the BYU v. Gonzaga basketball game.  We even won pretty good!
As I was leaving the game I saw cousin Matt and Jessica, Cosmo, and the victory bell
It was a fun trip, I'm really glad I got to go.  But, being gone for so long helps me realize what I really want to be when I grow up.  A husband, a dad... and a Cougars fan: Rise and Shout!

(Don't worry Janelle has more pictures on queue for the next post for the real reason you're here: to see our boys...)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to go visit the old stomping grounds. Also...very glad BYU beat Gonzaga. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you made it back to the Y. I was just thinking about you guys...hope you're doing well. If you're ever in California give us a call!

    ReplyDelete