Friday, February 24, 2012

Valentine's Day Party!

This year, I decided to try and pull off a tri-ward Valentine's Day playgroup party.  I know.  I'm crazy.  But last year, the Valentine's party was the first playgroup that I attended, and it was so great that we just had to do it again.  Our ward has split three ways in the mean time, so, this year, we just made it a tri-ward event.  But don't worry, I enlisted the help of a few fellow crazies to help me out, and it was a lot of fun!

With about 60 RSVP's of kids 1-5, we divided into 6 groups and rotated to various booths after making our valentine's mailboxes.  We had a crafts, music, fish pond, stories, valentine's exchange, and a "kissing booth" (photo booth).  Everyone brought a little something for a lunch pot luck afterwords and we had a great time.

Unfortunately, in the madness of running this event, (And Alan not being in the best of moods) I didn't get very many pictures.  But the few I have will have to do. :)

My friend Janet made this kissing booth. Isn't it so cute!

Alan and his valentine


Pot-luck lunch

And my friend Sierra helped to do the crafts.  

And I think all of the kiddos enjoyed the lunch!

Oh, and here is a picture of our heart pancakes on Valentine's Day morning.  Alan set the table all by himself and was so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, you might be crazy! Haha, just kidding, that sounds like so much fun and so much work! That's great that you guys were able to get that together. Looks like it came together super cute! Alan is getting so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Kissing Booth photo with Alan and Violet!!!

    ReplyDelete