Thursday, June 14, 2012

Potty Party

Yup, we did it!  The potty party.  And it worked.  Pretty well.  Much better than I expected at least.  Our big boy is a champ.  We had half-heartedly tried potty training one other day about 4 or 5 months ago, but Scott was out of town and we were constantly running here and there.  We decided to put it off and have been so busy with house hunting etc, that we waited until now.  The little potty has been out since then though, so Alan was familiar with it.  A couple of Saturdays ago we decided to give it another go.  Something clicked around 10:30 that morning and we were golden.  Only 2 accidents since that time about a week and a half ago. Pretty much we are soooooo proud of Alan!  He is very very determined when he wants to be, and we are soooo glad that he has decided to be determined to use the potty.  I was seriously dreading this and we were quite surprised that it went so smoothly.  I didn't get many pictures but we had a really, really fun day.  I'll let him tell you about it.


Congrats Alan!  We are so proud of you!

4 comments:

  1. What a big boy!!!! We are so proud of you, Alan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Alan trying to say "Potty Party" was the cutest thing I've ever seen! He is so big now!! A Potty Party sounds like a good fun idea. Keep it up Alan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Alan!!! What a fun party it must have been. Little JoAnne still talks about you telling about it over the phone. We can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, when I first watched the video, as he struggled to say "potty party" and I thought he was just trying to say "party" I was worried he was developing a thick Boston accent. I've watched this video so many times now, it's just so cute!

    ReplyDelete