Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tucker Family Reunion- Palmyra NY

Yes. We had the Tucker Family Reunion in upstate NY! It was awesome. We were able to drive. And all of my siblings were able to come. Mom had it all planned out, and it was perfect. We got in late, late, Thursday night, but were able to meet our little nephews that we had never met before the next morning! We stayed in the Homewood Suites in Victor, NY, and I must say, I was the biggest fan.  We love Homewood Suites now. It was really a great hotel, and the people were so nice to us, even though we took over the common room each night and raided their entire stash of hot chocolate.  Alan calls it the hotel with the duck mascot. And we all love it.

And, I will say that I'm so bad at taking pictures. In looking at the ones I had on my camera, I'm pretty sure they are all ones that someone else took when they had my camera.  And the rest are from Mom's blog.  But they are a good representation anyway. :) 

We started off at a water park not too far away.
Looks like Geoff's the lazy one here
And the boys
We all loved the water park (James especially loved the tube ride that we went on...Alan, not so much . :)
Even though at times it was a little chilly. :)
Aunt Meg with her littlest niece and nephews.
Cousins together for the first time!
Love the tongue!
Ok, I think the progression of these next pictures is hilarious. I'm not sure who took them, but I had to put it in, even though it takes up a lot of space.

Oh, who is that over there...
L: Let me get a little better look...
L: Oh, hehehe, he saw me.
L: Hi, I'm Lucy...

Isn't this so much fun!
L: Until I claw your eyes out!
K: Oh, I didn't see that coming.
L: And now I'll poke you in the nose!
K: I'm outta here!
Such cute kids!

We also went to Niagara Falls...pretty sure that we actually did this after the pageant, but oh well.  For some reason this is the order I have the photos in...

On the Maid of the Mist... It was crazy! It was overcast and rainy anyway, and boy, I've never gotten so much "mist"
Family photo at the falls
Boys on the lookout
Bigger family photo at the falls
Waiting for a good meal after a long, wet walk. :)
Robertson family waiting for the pageant!
Foulk Family
Whole Tucker Clan (that was there)
On Sunday we went to see a lot of the church sites in the area.  We went to church at the Whitmer Farm, had a little photo shoot, and then went to the Sacred Grove, the Smith homes, and all that stuff...

Alan took about a hundred pictures at the Whitmer Farm. Apparently it was how we kept him occupied. I've decided to include one. :)
Daddy and his goose
Begin Photo shoot






Remember what I said about photos with grandkids??  Yeah, this one is a classic! It is one of my favorite pictures ever.
For some reason the kids were more willing to cooperate with pictures after the photo shoot...well, somewhat.





Brothers in the sacred grove!
Waiting at the barn.
On Monday before we left, we celebrated James birthday which was a couple of days later.




Following in his big brother's footsteps...he wanted a scooter!

It was a really great time for all! We had many a late nights playing games and even a little FHE led by Grandma and Grandpa Tucker on Sunday night that was a lot of fun. It was great to be able to spend time with family and all be together again for a little while!


3 comments:

  1. These pictures are great! The ones with Lucy and Karson totally cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww looks like a wonderful time! The family pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this!!! The lazy river shots were ones I hadn't seen before and the sequence with Lucy and Karsten was so cute!!! So glad everyone come come!!

    ReplyDelete