Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Winter Fun

Ok, this is a post full of just some random photos that take us most of the way through winter!

Our little helper. These kids love cleaning the cupboards!
And here we have James winning Monopoly deal...leaving Daddy with absolutely no cards left... :)


Some random dancing...probably "I love you Baby!" from Frozen Fever

Our normal backyard guests. We have turkeys all the time!

Scriptures!

We love the monthly mini builds at the lego store!

These kids were especially proud of this tall tower they made.

This little girl is really into puzzles recently! She had help with this 100 piece one, but is pretty good at the smaller ones on her own.

And then this one started reading, and hasn't stopped. It still amazes me when they go from a very, very basic reader to being able to pick up a picture book and just read it...all in like a matter of days.
Love this pic of the goose in her dad's gear
Joy School play doh fun!
It took us a little while, but we finally got some good snow and had a fun sledding day!


And then it just kept snowing! We got another big dump a few days later!

We made several batches of snow ice cream and tried maple snow candy, like they make in Little House in the Big Woods. The maple candy was not the favorite, but it was fun. :)
Alan tried to dig out a snow fort. I think he got frustrated with his inability to stack the snow.
He decided this worked better


Happy Birthday Grandma!
And Happy Valentine's Day!



Scott and I went to this super fun restaurant on a date. It was called Loui Loui and is a Cajun seafood place. It was pretty awesome. Your food came in a bag, in a bucket, shells/skins on, and it was sooooo yummy.
Unless you order fish and chips. And then it comes in a basket like normal, and you don't have to worry about peeling anything or getting too dirty. :) But I would highly recommend the bucket. Come visit us and we'll go again.

Alan has been our little chef this winter. He checked out a kids recipe book from the library and we made some recipes from it. I made a coffee cake with him one morning. Then the next week I was sleeping in a little bit on a Sunday morning. Scott had already gone to church for early meetings. And I woke up to Alan saying that he had made a coffee cake but needed help with the oven. No lie, I came out and found this! Totally prepared, crumb topping and all! I was very impressed. The oven was even preheated. Wow, he is getting super big!!
We went to the Discovery Museums in Acton over February Vacation. The kids had a lot of fun.


After he finished this project, and while we were waiting for Alan to finish, James came up with a pretty good joke, all on his own. He said, "Mom, what do you say when you finish a construction project? .... I just nailed it!" And it was awesome.


Had to take this picture. We have a video of Alan loving this ball thing when he is like 1. I just looked through old blog posts trying to find it...and can't. Maybe I never blogged about it, just uploaded a video. I did, however, discover, that I used to be a much, much, much better blogger. :)


So this rarely happens, (some seven year olds prefer to read their chapter books and not read little books to little kids) but it's great when it does. :)
Nail Bed at the MOS




Making our own pinball game from a kit I got. The kids chose it as a family prize.
Pizza Pi on Pi day
And this is me on a typical Sunday afternoon!


1 comment:

  1. You guys are such fun parents! I love Laura Ingalls Wilder and never thought to make maple candy! Next winter!

    ReplyDelete